Home Topics Programming / debugging Hexiwear with mikroC

Overview Forums MikroElektronika’s mikroC Compiler and Software Tools Programming / debugging Hexiwear with mikroC

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  metaview 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Toley
    Participant

Is there any tutorial on how to program and debug Hexiwear with mikroC and mikroProg? I indeed have a docking station. Thanks.

Toley
    Participant

I am able to drag n drop the bin file into the DAPLINK virtual drive (kinda like mBed). Is it the only way to program it? But debug cannot work that way.

P.S. Sorry to answer my own post, I cannot edit the original one.

Uros Cvetinovic

Hi Toley,

Can you please tell me if you have installed mbed serial driver for your Docking station?
    If you didn’t already do that, you can download drivers from here:
    https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/Windows-serial-configuration

If you have done that, can you please tell me if you tried to write, or read Hexiwear’s MCU using our mikroProg suite?

Best regards,

Uros

thebeady
    Participant

will the libraries and/or default firmware be available for Mikroprog suite?
    like there is in Kinetis IDE, this would be very useful as a start.
    mike

Toley
    Participant

Hi Uros, sorry for my late reply I was out of town for summer holidays.

Yes the drivers are installed. It create a virtual COM port and a virtual drive named DAPLINK. But if I want to program it via MikroC / MikroProg, I have an error message saying Error programming flash.

Uros Cvetinovic

Hi all,

As for the default firmware, you can load bin file of the default firmware using mikroProg suite.
    If that is what you are asking for.

As for the programming from our compiler, mikroC launches mikroProg suite and programs the Hexiwear through suite.
    That is why I asked you if you have tried to write, or read Hexiwear’s MCU using our mikroProg suite.
    Can you please send a screen-shot of the error that occurs, and also screen-shot of options window from mikroProg suite?

Best regards,

Uros

Toley
    Participant

Hi Uros, sorry for the late answer I was sick for the last 2 weeks. I’ve try almost every combination of mikroProg settings but it’s not possible to program the chip. I would like to send you screen shots but I don’t know how. All the buttons on top of the post editor windows are blank!

Toley
    Participant

In fact the buttons are not blank, the text is white on a gray background making it unreadable. This is a bit ridiculous. I will try to decode those buttons and post the screen shots tonight, but I doubt anybody will look at them since there is no sign of life around here…

Uros Cvetinovic

Hi Toley,

Sorry for my late response.

You have “Img” button when replying to the post.
    After clicking on it, you would have to enter URL of the image.
    That is the way for uploading the image.

I will investigate your images after you send them.

Best regards,

Uros

Toley
    Participant

If you read carefully my previous post, I cannot see that “img” button you talk about. The buttons are gray with a white text and I cannot read it.

BTW it’s been so long to get help and be listened I don’t really want to do something with this toy now. I seriously think about asking for a refund.

Uros Cvetinovic

Hi Toley,

Maybe you would be able to see these buttons on some other computer with different monitor.
    I can see these labels on the buttons without any problem.

Also, you can submit a ticket on our Helpdesk, and send pictures there.
    We can also continue our correspondence there.
    http://helpdesk.mikroe.com/

I can assure you you will get fast service.

Best regards,

Uros

Toley
    Participant

Thank Uros, I’m actually at work I will contact you later. For the labels on the buttons, maybe I’m too old or crazy but I can’t see the text inside. I’ve try on my home computer with 2 screens, at work with 2 screens also on my phone, my tablet and my laptop!!!

Is there anyone else in this forum who can confirm the labels are readable or not?

metaview
    Participant

Yes, all buttons are just white with white text (if there is text at all). When doing a mouse-over the border becomes dark but still no text visible. Browser: Mozilla

Uros Cvetinovic

Hi,

Our web developers have modified buttons.
    Please check if this suits you.

Best regards,

Uros

metaview
    Participant

Text is still white, but at least it’s readable now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.