Home Topics Hexiwear BLE (KW40) compilation

Overview Forums NXP KDS and KSDK Software Tools Hexiwear BLE (KW40) compilation

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bob 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

varadk
    Participant

Hello all,

I want to compile KW40z code of Hexiwear.
    I didn’t find Freescale KDS project file to open and edit.
    Then I installed IAR Embedded workbench and opened KW40 HEXIWEAR_bluetooth.eww which I found at “HEXIWEAR/SW/KW40/HEXIWEAR_bluetooth/frdmkw40z/FreeRTOS/build/iar/HEXIWEAR_bluetooth.eww” github folder

Then after clicking on make button, I found multiple errors in that (around 133).
    please help me in this.
    It seems , software is unable to link header files.

OR

1. Where I can get code which is running in hexiwear for KW40z BLE.
    2. What compiler configuration is to be used to compile and debug KW40z code for hexiwear in Freescale KDS.

Uros Cvetinovic

Hi,

Instructions for compiling MKW40 IAR project will be available on the GitHub as soon as possible.

I will give you a link to it as soon as we upload it.

Best regards,

Uros

Uros Cvetinovic

Hi,

Guide for configuration toolchain is uploaded here:
    https://github.com/MikroElektronika/HEXIWEAR/blob/master/documentation/HEXIWEAR%20Setting%20Up%20Toolchain%20for%20KW40.pdf

Also, SDK that was used for developing firmware (KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1) is located here:
    https://github.com/MikroElektronika/HEXIWEAR/tree/master/SW/KW40/SDK%20installation

Best regards,

Uros

varadk
    Participant

Hi Uros,
    Thanks for detailed description for installation details of KW40z, appreciated your work.

I tried same step as described in notes, I need some more help in two points….
    A: How to work out Step 4 which is given in Setting Up Toolchain for KW40.pdf
    In pdf, Step 4 is written as
    • Add following system variables whose paths would ……

B: How we will be uploading binary files in hexiwear, KW40
    Please will you provide detailed steps for same, I am beginner in this field….

Thanks in advance 🙂

jaimezorno
    Participant

Hey Uros,

I followed step by step what it says on your guide and im getting some problems when linking:

Building configuration: HEXIWEAR_bluetooth – Debug
    Updating build tree…
    Linking
    Error[Li005]: no definition for “__VECTOR_RAM” [referenced from fsl_interrupt_manager.o(libksdk_platform_freertos.a)]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for “FREESCALE_PROD_DATA_BASE_ADDR” [referenced from C:\Freescale\KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1\ConnSw\examples\bluetooth\HEXIWEAR_bluetooth\
    frdmkw40z\FreeRTOS\build\iar\debug\obj\Flash_Adapter.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for “NV_STORAGE_END_ADDRESS” [referenced from C:\Freescale\KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1\ConnSw\examples\bluetooth\HEXIWEAR_bluetooth\frdmkw40z\
    FreeRTOS\build\iar\debug\obj\ApplMain.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for “__RAM_VECTOR_TABLE_SIZE” [referenced from C:\Freescale\KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1\ConnSw\examples\bluetooth\HEXIWEAR_bluetooth\frdmkw40z\
    FreeRTOS\build\iar\debug\obj\startup.o]
    Error[Li005]: no definition for “__VECTOR_TABLE” [referenced from C:\Freescale\KW40Z_Connectivity_Software_1.0.1\ConnSw\examples\bluetooth\HEXIWEAR_bluetooth\frdmkw40z\FreeRTOS\build\iar\
    debug\obj\startup.o]
    Error[Lp011]: section placement failed
    unable to allocate space for sections/blocks with a total estimated minimum size of 0x5158 bytes (max align 0x8) in <[0x1ffff000-0x1fffffff], [0x20000000-0x20000fff], [0x20001000-0x20003fff]> (total
    uncommitted space 0x5000).
    Uncommitted:
    [0x1ffff000-0x1fffffff]: 0x1000
    [0x20000000-0x20000fff]: 0x1000
    [0x20001000-0x20003fff]: 0x3000
    Error while running Linker

Total number of errors: 6
    Total number of warnings: 0

Any idea on how to fix this??

Thanks in advance

Jaime

jaimezorno
    Participant

Hello All,

Ive fixed the erros i mentioned above and have managed to Succesfully upload a slightly modified code to the KW40Z.

Next week I will post some more detailed instructions on how to set up IAR and how to flash the compiled code to Hexiwear for those of you that are having problems.

Best regards

Jaime

varadk
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Nice to hear this….
    Appreciated work….
    Waiting for detailed steps 🙂
    Happy coading….

jaimezorno
    Participant

Hello all,

Ive made some more detailed instructions on how to program the KW40Z microcontroler on Hexiwear.
    I hope they are clear enough and that I havent forgotten anything. If so please get back to me and I will update it.
    You can find it here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlf0iecz8kxgk0g/Hexiwear%20KW40Z%20progamming.pdf?dl=0

I hope this is helpfull

Jaime

forbl2020
    Participant

Hello?
    Are there anyone happend to meet below link error?

unable to allocate space for sections/blocks with a total estimated minimum size of 0x264e4 bytes (max align 0x8) in <[0x00001400-0x000014bf], [0x000014c8-0x000277ff]> (total uncommitted space 0x26338).

I think it related with the binary size which is built by IAR compiler. It’s bigger than the size of the NAND flash of KW40.
    I’ve used the trial version IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM (v8.11.1.13272).
    Is it mendatory to use IAR Embedded Workbend v.7.40.xxxx for KW40?

Do you have any ideas?

Richard.

Bob
    Participant

I have the same problem..

Did you solve it already?

Bob

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.